Over the past few years, robotic vacuums have progressed immensely in terms of design and build quality. But with the rise in popularity, comes some of the drawbacks. Dust particles from homes and office environments may accumulate on the sensors that can interfere with robot’s efficiency, causing repeated cleaning intervals. It may take a little bit of research to figure out how to clean these dysfunctions but trust me it is easier than you think!
What are Sensors
Sensors are important components in modern technology. They are used to collect data and make decisions. In the case of the Roborock S5, the sensors are used to tidy up your floors. They work by using infrared radiation to clean your floors. This is a more effective method than using traditional brushes and vacuums. The sensors also have a tracking feature that allows them to move around the room according to your instructions.
How to Clean the Sensor
If you are having issues with your Roborock S5, one common issue is that the sensors become dirty. Follow these simple steps to clean the sensor:
1) Open the robot and remove the top cover.
2) Remove the four screws that hold the main board in place and take it out.
3) Clean the sensor with a cloth or a tissue soaked in Alcohol 99%. Make sure to rub thoroughly and then dry off the sensor immediately.
4) Put back the top cover and screws and screw it in place.
How to Remove any Obstacles
If you have a Roborock S5, you’ll need to take care when cleaning the sensors. There are many obstacles that can get in the way of the sensor’s view, and they will not work as they should if they are covered in debris. Here are some tips on how to remove any obstacles that may be in the sensor’s way:
1. Clear away any clutter around the sensor area. This includes anything that could obscure or block the sensor’s view, like furniture, plants, or even debris.
2. Get a close-up view of the obstacle. Hold up a piece of paper or an image of what you’re looking for so that the sensor can see it clearly. Use a pointing tool if necessary to help pinpoint the object.
3. Move closer to the obstacle and use your hands and arms to clear away any nearby debris. Repeat this step until the obstruction is visible and can be reached easily.
4. Clean off any remaining debris with a cloth or sponge. Be careful not to damage the sensor itself!
Disassembling and Replacing Parts
If your Roborock S5 stopped working, there are a few things you can do to get it back up and running. First, you’ll need to remove the battery and power supply. Next, disconnect all the cables from the controller. Finally, detach the three motors from their supports. You can then start by cleaning all of the debris that was on the sensors before putting everything back together in the reverse order.
Frequenty Asked Questions
What Is The Best Way To Clean Out Roborock S5 Sensors?
Roborock S5 Sensors
Sensors are tricky to clean, but we’ve got your back with specially-designed brushes that can reach all the way in without a problem.
Will The Roborock S5 Still Work If I Clean It?
The best way to clean the sensors is to use a damp cloth and wipe them gently.
Please use water to clean the sensors before and after each cleaning. Please do not use harsh materials such as detergent or alcohol to clean the devices inside of its tank. Full paste is highly recommended after each cleaning process
Is There A Way To Clean The Roborock S5 Sensors Manually?
It is best to clean your Roborock before a long run or when you want to avoid our next significant cleaning. Roborock will still work normally after cleaning, but best results can be achieved with regular cleaning.
Yes, you can use our dust-cleaning brush to clean your Roborock S5 as often as needed.
My Roborock S5 Stopped Charging, How Do I Clean The Sensors?
Yes, you can use a clean cloth or cotton bud dipped in alcohol to clean the sensors (of course when there is no dust).
Pretty sure you would need to stick your hand in the robot’s head to clean its sensors yourself because the Roborock S5 doesn’t have a scheduled cleaning mode. But in case you really need to manually clean the sensors, we have an article on how to do it.
I Just Bought A New Roborock S5 Vacuum Cleaner, But All The Hepa Filters Are Clogged. What Do I Do?
You might have accidentally flooded water/dust into the cooling fan. To fix this, please:
Please connect it to the charger, the sensor will stop charging when the dust on it is removed.